To apply for a marriage license in Lancaster County, South Carolina, please follow the instructions below.
1. Open the Marriage Application link below and fill out the application.
2. Once completed and submitted the application will be automatically sent to Lancaster County Probate Court via email.
3. A staff member from the Probate Court will contact you to schedule an appointment and confirm that the application was received. (Both applicants are required to be physically present)
4. You will need to bring:
- Government issued I.D.
- Social Security Card or Resident Alien Identification Card
- Fees, South Carolina residents, $75.00 or out of state residents, $90.00
5. If the applicants want the License mailed to them after the 24 hour waiting period, a prepaid, addressed envelope must be provided by the applicants to the court at the time of the appointment.