DO NOT APPLY IF YOUR CEREMONY IS TAKING PLACE IN ANOTHER STATE!!
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE!!!
Marriage Applications are by appointment only. Please use the directions below for completing a marriage application.
To apply for a marriage license in Lancaster County, South Carolina, please follow the instructions below.
1. Open the Marriage Application link below and fill out the application.
2. Once completed and submitted the application will be automatically sent to Lancaster County Probate Court via email.
3. A staff member from the Probate Court will contact you to schedule an appointment and confirm that the application was received. (Both applicants are required to be physically present)
4. You will need to bring two forms of identification:
- Valid photo I.D.
- Social Security Card or Resident Alien Identification Card (If no social security or resident alien ID card, contact the Court for further instructions)
- Fees, South Carolina residents, $75.00 or out of state residents, $90.00