Parks and Recreation
|LCPR ONLINE PORTAL|
Lancaster County Parks and Recreation shall provide quality recreational facilities and leisure activities that enhance the mind, body, and spirit of the youthful and adult participant. We shall provide organized youth programs led by trained volunteer adults to assist in the socialization of individuals while stressing participation, good sportsmanship, competition, and fun. LCPR shall be an agent to combat obesity and respond to the quality of life issues that lead to continued involvement and promote Lancaster County as a great place to live.
January 14, 2021
Lancaster County Parks and Recreation, under the direction of County Administration and Emergency Management, has decided to cancel the 2020-2021 Youth Basketball Season and has suspended any other indoor recreation programs that involve physical exertion as well as new indoor facility reservations until further notice. Due to the increased number of positive COVID-19 cases in our area, we believe it is in the best interest of the community, for the health and safety of our participants and their families, that we make this tough decision.
All youth basketball participants and sponsors will receive over a 60% refund ($45 per participant) as the remainder amount (<40%) covers uniform costs and two games played. Please be patient, as staff will be working diligently with the County Finance Department to begin the process of refunding participants and sponsors next week. Please see the below information regarding how you will receive your refund.
The After School Program will remain open and we will continue to follow Lancaster County School District for decisions made regarding school schedules.
Spring Sports will continue to have their season beginning in March since this is an outdoor sport, and spectators can physically distance themselves accordingly.
Lancaster County will continue to monitor the COVID-19 cases as health officials make information available. LCPR will keep you updated on when we can resume fitness classes and the booking of new facility reservations at the recreation centers.
Basketball Refund Information for Participants (Steps/instructions on how your refund will be processed):
- If you paid your child’s registration fee with a Debit/Credit Card, your refund will be credited back to the card used at the time of registration. Once refund is processed, you should see the credit back to the card in 3-5 business days. NOTE: If the Debit/Credit Card is no longer valid (expired card, new card, etc.), your refund will be processed by check (See #2). If you paid with a gift card and no longer have it, you must notify our office so that we can process your refund by issuing a check as our system doesn’t indicate whether it’s a gift card or not.
- If you paid your child’s registration fee with Cash or Check, your refund will be issued by mail in a check form from the Lancaster County’s Treasurer’s Office. All checks will be made payable to the ‘Head of Household’ listed in your family’s account (RecDesk Online Portal) and mailed to the address listed on the account.
- If you do not have an online account or if you are not sure about the name and mailing address listed in the account, please call our office at 803-285-5545, press (3) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the updated information to put in the system. Be sure to indicate your child’s name, so we can associate you with your child’s account.
Basketball Refund Information for Sponsors:
Sponsors will receive a partial (60%) refund for the amount paid for basketball. Sponsors can request their money issued back to them or they have the option of transferring the partial refund to a Spring Sport of their choosing. Staff will credit your account with the partial amount and the Sponsor will be responsible for paying the difference for the Spring Sport Sponsorship. If you choose to receive your partial refund, please refer to options listed above on how you will receive your refund.
Our Admin Offices have been relocated to:
1228 Colonial Commons Ct, Lancaster, SC 29720
Hal Hiott, Director
Katherine Small, Deputy Director
Mike Barnes, Programming Division Supervisor
Micky Taylor, Athletic & Sports Tourism Division Supervisor
Teresa Willis, Administrative Assistant
LCPR Athletic Fields, Tennis Courts, Playgrounds, and Picnic Shelters are now open and available for reservations. Please call 803-285-5545 to make your reservations.
All park users must maintain physical/social distancing from others. Field users should have no more than 15 people on a field at one time.
Staff is available to answer any questions you may have by phone at 803-285-5545.