Human Resources Director
- Responsible for recruiting new employees for vacant positions, managing training, benefit, and classification/compensation programs for existing Lancaster County Employees.
- Manage benefits programs for employees (i.e., medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance coverages; S.C. Retirement, S.C. Deferred Compensation et al. )
- Implement and maintain employee sick/vacation/holiday and compensatory leave policies.
- Manage and oversee implementation of Federal laws governing Family & Medical Leave
- Manage a classification/compensation program for employees providing job descriptions and appropriate pay levels based on skill and educational requirements.
- Manage an employee training program to which employees gain information to improve their technical and conceptual skills to improve their overall performance.
- Assist employees and retirees as needed.
This office does not
- Make hiring decisions regarding employment vacancies. Department heads have that responsibility. HR does perform necessary background checks and monitors new hire drug screen procedures.
- Do not discuss individual medical information with providers or employees due to Federal HIPPA privacy laws.
Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources Generalist