Effective Monday, December 21, 2020 public hours at the Administration Building will be 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Per County policy, face coverings (which fully cover the nose and mouth) are required in County facilities as of Thursday, August 13, 2020. Masks will be made available for those without. Citizens are urged to call or email before driving to a County Office.
- Vendors can email invoices to AccountsPayable@lancastersc.net or mail to P.O. Box 1809, Lancaster, SC 29721
- Local Hospitality and Accommodation Taxes can be mailed to P.O. Box 1809, Lancaster, SC 29721 or paid via ACH...see link to the left under Quick Links.
For more information regarding COVID-19 and Lancaster County Operations, go online to www.mylancastersc.org/COVID-19.
Stewardship For Your Tax Dollars....
Mission Statement: To maintain financial integrity and accountability in managing and reporting the financial activities of Lancaster County.
The Lancaster County Finance Department records the financial activities of the County under the leadership of the Chief Financial Officer including:
- Accounting - Insures transactions are recorded properly in compliance with GAAP and GASB, maintains and reconciles the general ledger, performs monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts, maintains & records County’s capital assets & inventory, performs internal audits county-wide for cash receipts and petty cash accounts, and maintains County financial records.
- CAFR - The Finance department aids in the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). The County has received a number of Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting awards from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA). This achievement is the highest form or recognition in governmental accounting & financial reporting.
- Budget - Assists the County Administrator with preparation of the annual budget and prepares the annual budget document. The County has received a number of Distinguished Budget Presentation awards from the GFOA. Monitors the operating, capital, & special revenue budgets.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable - Makes sure vendors are properly & timely paid for their services to the County and billed for miscellaneous services the County provides to other entities. Reconciles and maintains financial records and sends in reimbursement request for County grants. Administers and collects taxes for the Local Accommodations Tax and the Local Hospitality Tax...see quick link above for more information.
Veronica C. Thompson
Chief Financial Officer
Sarah L. Jenkins, CGFO