Effective Monday, December 21, 2020 public hours at the Administration Building will be 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Per County policy, face coverings (which fully cover the nose and mouth) are required in County facilities as of Thursday, August 13, 2020. Masks will be made available for those without. Citizens are urged to call or email before driving to a County Office.
Please be advised that Lancaster County Development Services - Building, Planning, and Zoning departments will operate using an appointment system effective Monday, July 6, 2020. You may call these departments individually to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins will be allowed as schedule permits.
Contact Departments using these phone numbers:
- Planning: 803-285-6005
- Zoning: 803-416-9777
- Building: 803-285-1969
- Services will continue to be provided via telephone, email, and through Evolve.
- A bin will be placed in the main lobby of the Administration Building for any physical development plans that need to be dropped for submittal.
- Inspections will continue unless otherwise stated.
Currently Adopted Lancaster County Building Codes
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Existing Buildings Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2017 ANSI 1CCA117.1 Standard for Accessible Useable Buildings and Facilities Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
We are pleased to announce that the Insurance Services Office site visit and grading is complete and the results received. Our department has been assigned scores of 3 for Commercial Construction and 4 for Residential Construction with 1 being perfect and 9 having no code enforcement. This is an improvement from the 6 on residential and commercial we received on our last grading.