Please be advised that Lancaster County Development Services - Building, Planning, and Zoning departments will operate using an appointment system effective Monday, July 6, 2020. You may call these departments individually to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins will be allowed as schedule permits.
Contact Departments using these phone numbers:
- Planning: 803-285-6005
- Zoning: 803-416-9777
- Building: 803-285-1969
- Services will continue to be provided via telephone, email, and through Evolve.
- A bin will be placed in the main lobby of the Administration Building for any physical development plans that need to be dropped for submittal.
- Inspections will continue unless otherwise stated.
The County is changing permitting software, and when fully implemented, applicants will be able to submit plans and applications online, schedule inspections, and pay via credit or e-check online or in the office.
Effective August 5, 2019, Inspections can be scheduled online.
Evolve Software is dependent on having correct email addresses in the contact file. If we do not have the builders contact information as well as the license holders information, permits will not be able to be accessed on the portal under my permits. Please make sure to provide the builders contact information on the permit application so that it may be entered with the permit. You may search on the portal under permit search and find permits based on address, permit number, tax map pin, date issued or contractor. if you choose to search under contractor , every permit listed for that contractor will be shown. It is more efficient to search using permit number or address. Once your permit is searched and found, you may see details of the permit, schedule an inspection or cancel an inspection. If you are not listed in the contact information on the permit, you will not be able to find a permit under my permits. If you wish to receive notifications and results, you must provide an email address. Evolve software requires a valid email address to function fully.
How To Request an Inspection
Once a permit has been issued, select “Schedule Inspection” in the left margin. You will need the permit number to schedule here. You may also click permit search and enter either the address, permit number, parcel id or contractor. When the list of permits is displayed, click on schedule and inspection. , click the inspection you desire.
- SC Building Codes Council News, adopted codes and related information
- The City of Lancaster Visit the City of Lancaster online
- SC Engineering Law
- SC Architectural Law
- Search for SC Licensed Contractors
- Building Code, WInd and Seismic Information
Currently Adopted Lancaster County Building Codes
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Existing Buildings Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2017 1CCA117.1 Useable Buildings and Facilities Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
We are pleased to announce that the Insurance Services Office site visit and grading is complete and the results received. Our department has been assigned scores of 3 for Commercial Construction and 4 for Residential Construction with 1 being perfect and 9 having no code enforcement. This is an improvement from the 6 on residential and commercial we received on our last grading.