Mon, Tues, Wed, and Fri
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
1033 W. Meeting Street
Lancaster, SC 29720
|Indian Land Service Center:
Thursdays - By Appointments Only
8451 Charlotte Hwy
Lancaster, SC 29720
P.O. Box 1809
Lancaster, SC 29721
Please be advised that we are operating by appointment only - See department specific social distancing measures online here.
For more information regarding COVID-19 and Lancaster County Operations, go online to www.mylancastersc.org/COVID-19.
"Serving Those Who Served"
The Lancaster County Veterans Affairs Office is an advocate for veterans and/or their surviving dependents to provide the assistance needed in applying for benefits from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs and VA Hospitals. the Veterans Affairs Office assists former and present members of the United States Armed Forces and their dependents in preparing claims. Types of benefits include: Service-Connected disability and Non-Service Connected pension; death pension benefits; burial; medical care; educational assistance, including vocational rehabilitation; guaranteed home loans; government life insurance and other benefits.
This office does:
- Assist in the preparation and filing of claims with the VA Regional Office and the Board of Veterans Appeals
- Help Veterans file applications for the review of discharge or the correction of military records
- Coordinate with other local and state agencies to render advice and assistance to veterans, their dependents and survivors
- Visit VA hospitals and nursing homes as well as veterans' homes to explain where to go and who to contact when applying for pension or benefit entitlement
- Assist in filing applications for surviving dependants or Veterans
- Have a DAV Van available for transportation to scheduled appointments to Dorn VA Medical Center and Rock Hill VA Clinic
The office does not:
- Disburse funds
- Determine eligibility or entitlement
- Assist in distribution of benefit claims for estranged or separated spouses
- Schedule appointments or have control over appointments at the VA Medical Center
- Provide job placement
Additional Links below for more Veteran information
- Office Staff
- VA Health Benefits
- Benefits for Reservists and National Guard Members
- Pension & Widow's Pension
- D.A.V. VAN
- South Carolina VA Information
- Other Helpful Information
Looking to get involved? Look no more!
We are seeking help with our DAV transportation service! If you are interested in driving our van that transports Veterans to their scheduled appointment to Columbia VAMC or Rock Hill VA Clinic -- Please contact us at 803.283.2469.
You can also complete an online inquiry and someone from our office will contact you! CLICK HERE
DAV Van goes to Columbia VA Medical Center on Wednesdays and Thursdays; Rock Hill on Fridays. Please call 803-283-2469 to schedule transportation reservation the week before your scheduled appointment at the VA.
Please call for an appointment if you need assistance with your VA Compensation or Pension claims.
Do you want a copy of the most recent benefits book? Click Below on the link.
Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependents 2018 Edition