Roads and Bridges
Lancaster County Roads and Bridges strives to maintain a network of identified county maintained roads, paved and unpaved.
Core Services Provided:
- Road Maintenance- Lancaster County Public Works responsible for road maintenance for all County maintained paved and unpaved roads. Services include, but not limited to, routine grading of the roadways, asphalt pothole patching, drainage maintenance (closed and open drainage), regulatory and street marker sign maintenance, right of way cutting, tree removal, and other associated tasks involved with public safety and travel access.
- CTC / Capital Project Management/Construction- Assist Transportation Committee in County Road paving projects. Estimate, design, and oversee other contracted projects related to roadway improvements, or intradepartmental design and construction of light and heavy construction projects.
- New Construction / Subdivision inspection- Perform all inspection of new subdivision infrastructure, plan review of these projects, and preconstruction meetings of these projects.
- Intradepartmental aid- Assist other departments with any tasks within the capabilities of PW staff and equipment
Services NOT provided:
- Maintenance on roads maintained by SCDOT, other municipalities and government agencies, or private roads / drives.
- Maintain sidewalks.
- Select roads to be resurfaced / paved / surface treated (County Transportation Committee- CTC).
- Raise or lower speed limits on County roads.
- Sediment and Erosion control (DHEC).6) Fill in wells.7) Property improvements.