Lancaster County Emergency Management meets the obligations of this charge through the performance of the six point mission outlined below:
- Prepare the citizens of Lancaster County through prevention and training for emergencies and disasters.
- Warn of impending danger.
- When required, support local municipal disaster operations with timely, effective deployment of County resources.
- Through the public information process, working with the media as a team member, keep affected residents informed about the situation and convey how they can take protective actions.
- Coordinate restoration and recovery operations within the County when local municipal government resources are exhausted.
- Assess local needs and coordinate support from adjacent counties not impacted by the event as well as state and federal resources.