The Lancaster County Department of Economic Development (LCDED) is responsible for facilitating and providing opportunities for new investments and jobs throughout Lancaster County. LCDED services existing and prospective businesses, the county administrator and county council, other county departments, municipalities, and regional and state economic development partners in six key areas:
- Business Attraction and Expansion
- Incentive Evaluation and Structuring
- Real Estate/Infrastructure Planning and Development
- Marketing and Research
- Economic Development Planning
- Workforce Development
Lancaster County has become one of the most sought after business locations in the Carolinas for new Consider the following:
- From 2016 to 2018, The Lancaster County Economic Development Department has facilitated 26 new or expanded projects with $242 million Investments in which will bring 4,800 jobs to Lancaster County.
- 1st in the Carolinas for new investment in 2016, 2017, and 2018 (Smart Asset, 2018)
- 6th fastest growing county in the Carolinas from 2010-2018 (U. S. Census Bureau, 2019)
- A regional workforce of 989,000 (U. S. Census Bureau, 2018)
- One of the premier corporate headquarter locations in the Charlotte area with HQ’s employment of over 4,300 (LCDED employer Survey, 2018)
- In 2018 Lancaster County businesses swept the South Carolina Industry Impact Awards for Tier 2 Counties with Movement Mortgage, PCI Group and Fab Fours receiving the tier’s large, medium and small industry awards.
LCDED’s knowledgeable, experienced and dedicated team works around the clock to meet the needs of their clients.
Pictured Left to Right:
- John McCain, Deputy Director
- Jamie Gilbert, Executive Director
- Brenda Thompson, Marketing and Communications Coordinator
For information on economic development opportunities in Lancaster County please contact the Lancaster County Department of Economic Development or view our webpage at www.lcded.com