Storm Drain Marking
Shoot us an email and let us know you are interested firstname.lastname@example.org
Is your group interested in a fun community service project?
Storm drain marking involves labeling curbside storm drain inlets with medallions as permanent visual reminders that storm drains lead directly to a waterway and nothing should go into them but rain.
As stormwater or rain washes down across paved surfaces, pollutants on the ground such as litter, motor oil, lawn chemicals, dog waste, grass and leaves are carried into storm drain and travel directly to our local waterways without treatment. In addition to runoff, some people actually dump pollutants, trash and yard debris directly into or on top of storm drains.
By marking them, you are helping to make people aware of stormwater pollution and what they can do to prevent it.
Help us by volunteering to mark the storm drains in your neighborhood.
What you can do:
- Recruit at least 2 people interested in spending a few hours outdoors
- Let us know what area you are interested in marking
- Commit to 2 to 3 hours to walk around the neighborhood marking storm drains and distributing educational materials to residents.
- Training and support the day of the event
- A map of the area that you will be marking
- All the materials to mark the storm drain (including safety vests)
- A big Thank You! for helping out.